Effective 9 January, 2009 foreign citizens may apply to participate in MM2H programme directly, without going through any other third party, OR may continue to use the services of MM2H agents licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.
Effective 9 January 2009, there will be a freeze on issuance of new MM2H agent licenses by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.
STEP 1 : Pre Submission
STEP 2 : Submit Application to MM2H Centre or through Appointed Agent
1. Letter of Application (by applicant/ MM2H company);
2. A copy of resume by the main applicant which includes the following information;
* Academic qualification
* working experience
* skills or expertise acquired
3. One (1) copy of MM2H Application Form - can be downloaded from MM2H website;
Note: Applicant and all the dependents have to complete the Form individually.
4. Three (3) copies of IM.12 Form (Social Visit Pass );
Note : Applicant and all dependants have to complete the Form individually.
5. Four (4) coloured passport size photographs;
6. Copy of Passport/Travel documents ( all pages) with certification on the pages with personal particulars;
Note : Copy of previous passport is required if applicant/ dependant(s) has renewed his/her passport within the last 12 months..
7. Letter of Good Conduct from relevant government agency ;
8. Self declaration on your/ dependants health conditions - Form can be downloaded from MM2H website;
9. Certified copy of Marriage Certificate ( if accompanied by spouse );
10. Certified copy of Birth Certificate/legal documents ( if accompanied by children/adopted children/step children/parents );
* For applicants with children nearing the age 21 , they must submit their applications at least 3 months before their children reaches the age of 21.
*Letter of Confirmation from Medical Specialist/General Practitioner (if accompanied by disabled children above 21 years old);
* Statutory Declaration by principal applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements for dependents during their stay in Malaysia ;
11. Certified copy (s) of latest 3 months’ bank statements /other related financial document (s) to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia based on the financial requirement for each category;
12. Latest 3 months’ certified copies of pay slip / income statement ( If employed)/ pension slip etc;
13. Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions;
14. A copy of Personal Bond* if submission through an authorized company( must be completed and signed by Malaysian who is one of the Board of Directors/Share Holders/managing Director/Manager from the company).
Note : A Personal Bond is to be made for each applicant and dependant..
STEP 3 : Conditional Approval Letter is Issued to the Approved Applicant by the Immigration Unit, MM2H Centre
STEP 4 : Applicant Comes to Malaysia
Remaining Steps: (After receiving the Conditional Approval letter )
11. Open the required Fixed Deposit account in any bank in Malaysia for one-year period on an auto renewal basis **
12. Purchase Medical Insurance in any insurance company in Malaysia /summit Medical Insurance that is applicable in Malaysia.
13. Obtain medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia
14. Fulfill Security Bond requirement (Direct Applicant only)
STEP 5 : Submit Remaining Documents to the Immigration Unit, MM2H Centre
- Submit Fixed Deposit certificate.
- Submit Medical Insurance policy.
- Submit medical report .
- Submit stamped Security Bond (Direct Applicant only)
STEP 6 : Applicant Collects the Malaysia My Second Home Visa
15. Social Visit Pass fee (RM 90/year) : Social Visit Pass will be given according to the validity of the passport (maximum 10 years)
** After 1 year, participants aged 50 years and above need to maintain the minimum balance of RM 100,000 for every year of stay under this programme and RM 150,000 for participants aged below 50 years.
** Participant needs to sign the Consent Form as Customer’s Declaration to authorise the Bank to confirm the existence of the FD when required by the relevant Government Authorities which can be downloaded from our website ( www.mm2h.gov.my ).
** All copies must be certified TRUE COPIES OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS by EMBASSY /HIGH COMMISSION / SOLICITOR/ JUSTICE OF PEACE / NOTARY PUBLIC / COMMISSIONER FOR OATHS / GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.
**Where original documents are not in English, translation must be done by a qualified translator.
** Dependent (s) refer to spouse and children aged below 21 years old ( maximum 6 months before reaching 21 years old .ie 20 years 6 months old ) and not married, parent(s) aged 60 years and above.
**All documents enclosed with the present application become the property of the Malaysia My Second Home Centre.
For Approved participants who are applying directly:
Each participant and dependant must submit the Security Bond. *
** The Security Bond must be stamped (RM 10.00) by The Stamping Office at Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia. The Security Bond can be in the form of a Cash/Bank Draft / Money Order made payable to the KETUA PENGARAH IMIGRESEN MALAYSIA .
** The Bond can be withdrawn if the participant/ dependant decides to exit from the MM2H Programme.
** The processing and approval process will take 30 working days from the date of submission of the application (provided the documentation is completed )
Renewal can either be submitted directly by the individual participant or through a licensed company to the Immigration Department of Malaysia or State Immigration Department which issued the initial Social Visit Pass.The following documents are required for the renewal:
• Letter of intention to continue the Programme
• Original & Photocopy of Applicant’s Passport
• IMM. 55
• IMM. 38 (if applicable)
• Payment of RM 90 per year for the Social Visit Pass, payable to the Immigration Department
• Original & Copy of Fixed Deposit (if applicable)
• Current proof of Monthly Offshore Income (if applicable)
• Original & Copy of Health Insurance
• Original & Copy of Confirmation Letter from Bank (if applicable)
• Original & Copy of Conditional Approval Letter
• Provide security bond if for renewal done personally
* The extension process takes approximately 7 days from the date of submission.