Home News Ekovest set to secure Blue River Project

Ekovest set to secure Blue River Project

Extract from The Star (16/3/2017)

PETALING JAYA: Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) is seeking to appoint Ekovest Bhd’s unit, EkoRiver Construction Sdn Bhd (ERCSB), as the design and build contractor for the proposed “Blue River Project” in the vicinity of the River of Life Precinct 7 – Masjid Jamek Kuala Lumpur zone.

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia, the construction and property development firm said ERCSB received DBKL’s letter of intent on the matter on Tuesday.

Ekovest has estimated the project’s total contract value at RM79mil, excluding the goods and services tax. “The project is subject to the finalisation of its price, specification and terms to be negotiated between DBKL and ERCSB,” it said.

Ekovest said it would make an announcement to Bursa as and when there was a material development in relation to the project.

Ekovest has a 60% stake in the joint-venture company that was appointed in 2011 as the project delivery partner for the River of Life project by the Government. Malaysian Resources Corp Bhd holds the remaining 40%.