Home Forums Discussion topics Property investment Can Foreigner buy land in Malaysia?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can Foreigner buy land in Malaysia?

Can Foreigner buy land in Malaysia? 3 years 2 months ago #19044

Hi! I would like to know how can a foreigner buy land in Malaysia? Some said it cannot be done, some say it can be done with setting up of a company. May I know is there any way to buy land in Malaysia?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can Foreigner buy land in Malaysia? 3 years 2 months ago #19047

Refer: epu.gov.my/c/document_library/get_file?p...6&name=DLFE-5518.pdf

Many houses in KV are priced from RM500k onwards for a plain DST. However, these houses come with individual titles with the LAND OUTRIGHT. Since foreigners can buy RM500k to below RM20mil worth of properties without FIC approval, what are the chances that these properties with its Land Outright, being redeveloped? Say, a row of DST houses being bought by a single foreigner and the purchase is less than RM10mil. However, if the buildings are cleared, what is left is only the land.

So, what does Foreigner buying land in Malaysia mean? Does it apply only to agriculture land where high-tech input is a requirement and where it contributes to national agro-income and agro-tourism?

Or is there a condition a property that has been purchased by a foreigner with INDIVIDUAL TITLE, that has express conditions where it cannot be REDEVELOPED or it requires state consent or sorts?

Just for discussion. :)
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Pine Properties.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 2.176 seconds